"One writes out of one thing only — one’s own experience. Everything depends on how relentlessly one forces from this experience the last drop, sweet or bitter, it can possibly give. This is the only real concern of the artist, to recreate out of the disorder of life that order which is art." -James Baldwin (x) (via ahorton92)
x 39 notes
"Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive." -Hafiz (via loveyourchaos)
"People empty me. I have to get away to refill." -Charles Bukowski (via lumisays)
"It is funny how you do not miss affection until it is given, but once it is, it can never be enough; you would drown in it if possible." - Libba Bray, The Sweet Far Thing (via larmoyante)
How do you know you’re in love?
- —COMMON: Man, I know I’m in love when I think about her a lot and I’m finding ways to get to that person. Even though I gotta work, even though I gotta take care of other responsibilities, I’m like yo, when am I gonna fly out and see that person? I look forward to seeing them.
- —KENDRICK LAMAR: How do you know you’re in love? When your heart feels it instead of your mind and your penis don’t. You know, it’s deeper than that… That’s when you know.
- —PETE ROCK: Oh man you feel it right here, *touches heart*, right there, it’s like cupid’s shooting you in the heart, that shit’s just BOOW! Lots of people say they don’t believe in love at first sight, but I do, it’s happened to me.
- —A$AP ROCKY: You know you in love cuz you don’t want nobody else but that person. You know, that’s how you know for sure. Like you could see a million other bad bitches, but you know, but it don’t even matter, you stuck.
- —BIG BOI: Your heart flutters a little bit, you like to kiss on the mouth a lot, your neck get hot when you kiss on the mouth, that type of stuff. Stuff like that, yea.
- —QUESTLOVE: I THINK WHEN THAT PERSON CONSUMES YOU.
"Finding you was like coming home." -6-Word Story #81 (via calloway)